Tuesday, April 15, 2008

u s a U S A USA USA USA USA!!!!!

USA!!!

Tomorrow I am being interviewed to become a United States citizen!!!!

I'm Canadian, but have lived here since I was 3.  I'm sitting in my bed after one of the most stressful days at work I've ever had (i'm a nurse in a Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, blue lights flash a lot there and defibrillators and stuff.. you know.. like the movies, it's hard to calm down after your brain and body have been under super-stress for 13hrs)...but now I have to sit and wind down and study things like...

1) What is the supreme law of the land?
A: the Constitution

2) The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
A: 435

Come on, I mean, I've lived here since I was 3! It should be good enough for them that I speak english and have a job.  I should wear all red white and blue and speak in a southern accent and change my ringtone to the star spangled banner and maybe they will be so proud of me and not ask me any questions and just let me through!  I mean, in all honestly... i'm not going to be able to answer many of their questions... I mean, I thought Susan B. Anthony sewed our flag...  eep. 

I might delete this post after a few hours because I realize I'm not very interesting. To myself and my sister I bet I am... we're 2 little nerdy nurses who work on the same floor and feed off eachothers CODE excitements. 

USA USA   U    S    A    U.S.A   USA!!!

No comments: